Jun 6, 2012

New Do

Woohoo! A layout done entirely with scraps! I had all this scraps leftover from a layout I did awhile ago and because they all co-ordinated and were decent sizes I kept them.  I sure am happy I did as they worked perfectly for this layout!


I didn't want to mat this photo in a traditional manner so I took our some tissue paper I had leftover from a gift I had wrapped and folded a bunch of layered sheets to act as a mat.  I then nested in some doilies and and some die cut flowers and tada!  Looks pretty good if I do say so myself!


Supplies: Patterned Paper: American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Enchanted Collection; Cardstock: Bazzills; Alphabet Stickers: American Craft Thickers and Large Chipboard Letters; Embellishments: American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Enchanted Layer Flowers and Ticket Stub, Doilies, Tissue Paper and Smashbook Post-it Note.

2 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

I just love the name of this blog...because every home has one.
I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

Auntie Em said...

First of all, you look so pretty! Love the dark colour on you.
Second, what a great LO! And the tissue paper and doilies for matting the photo. I have so many pretty scraps of tissue and never thought of folding them up and using them on a LO. It's amazing what can be created with those pretty little scraps.
Thanks for sharing! :)