Dec 12, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards - Day 12

Welcome back to Day 12 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards. I can't believe that 12 days have passed already!  And that we are only 12 days from Christmas Eve!  It seems to be coming too fast this year!  I save my favorite card this year for last.  I saw the idea for it on Pintrest and it was just too cute not to create!


First off I will apologize for the picture quality.  It is so hard to photograph an acetate card!  The base of this card is made with Close to My Heart's Acetate Cards.  They come with a protective film on them so you just remove the film and then decorate.  I love it!  Now I will warn you that you have to be careful with your adhesive as it does show through on the other side unless you cover it up with a piece of paper like I did!  To make this snowman you will need one small circle for the head, one medium circle for the center of the body and four large circles for the bottom of the body ( I will explain why you need three extra in a few minutes). Using a light blue ink edge each of your circles, this makes the white seem whiter for some reason.  Now assemble and decorate your snowman.  I placed foam dots between each of the layers to make him pop a bit more.  I used actually twigs as the arms, liquid pearls for the buttons, eyes, and smile, felt for the hat and orange cardstock for the nose.  Once he was assembled, I adhered him to the front of the card.  Now I will explain the other three large circle you cut out.  One goes on the inside of the card for you to write on.  I lined mine up so that when the card is closed the snowman covers up the circle on the inside.  I used the other two circles to cover up the flip sides of the card (I mean the back of the front and back of the back) to hide my adhesive.  Next I added bakers twine and my sentiment and then on the backside of the front of the card I place a small piece of patterned paper which I cut out using a Nestabilites Spikey Circle die and my CuttleBug to be slightly bigger than the sentiment so you see it through the acetate.  I hope my instructions are clear (hahaha pun intended).  It can be a little difficult to explain but once you play with acetate (if you haven't already) it will make sense! I hope you enjoyed this card, I know I had fun making it!

That wraps up my 12 Days of Christmas Cards!  I really hope you enjoyed it, I know I did!

1 comment: