Jul 19, 2011

Rainy Day Fun!


A friend of mine, who was hosting a baby shower asked me if I could help out with the party games seeing as I was what she called the creative one.  We looked online to ideas and found this game that is basically several games all rolled into one and sounded like it would be fun.  People would break off into pairs and would basically play a game of tic tac toe, except that they had to win their turn by winning another game.  I was in charge of making these really cute tic tac toe cards and their co-ordinating pieces.  It wasn't too bad as I only had to make 10 sets.  Let me tell you my Cuttlebug sure got a workout cutting out all those felt pieces!  You could easily change this to be custom for anything.  How about a rainy day game for kids with clouds and suns as the pieces?  It's so easy to make that I bet even the kiddos would have fun making their own cards too!


For the tic tac toe lines I used grommets and embroidery floss.  Initially, I was going to stitch the lines but after considering how much stitching that would be for 10 cards, I decided this route would be a little less time consuming!  There are many options to do the lines other than stitching.  You could used adhesive backed ribbon, a line of brads, or how about if the kids are making them, they draw their own lines!


And finally I adhered an envelope to the back of each playing card to hold the pieces so that they don't get lost.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: American Crafts - Everyday Collection; Cardstock: Bazzills; Alphabet Stickers: Thickers; Embellishments: Felt, Buttons, Grommets and Embroidery Floss.

No comments: