Jul 20, 2011

Some People Read, I Sketch

Some people like to read in their spare time (when they're not scrapping of course!). I have never been a big reader. Don't get me wrong I like to read but I don't usually have the time to sit still long enough to read a chapter let alone a whole book. And by the time I pick it up again, I have forgotten everything I had read up to that point. It's very frustrating! I have been reading the same book for the last year and I think I have decided to give up on it as it is obviously not interesting enough for me to want to read. So what do I do in my spare time you ask? It's simple really. I sketch. I'm not saying all ideas are originally mine or that there is anything incredible in here but I like to get them down none the less. I find it relaxing, plus it is totally portable too! I have done them at work on my lunch break, sitting at the service department waiting for my car, even out camping when we have a quiet moment.


I have broken my sketches into two types, 1 pagers and 2 pagers and each have their own book.  In fact I am onto my second 1 pager book as my first one is now full! I love this because when I am looking for inspiration I generally know if I am doing a 1 or 2 pager.


For those of you that know me, this part won't come as a surprise but I am a little bit particular (read anal) when I come to my sketches! I draw my sketch out in pencil first and then once I get it the way I like, I go over it with a pen and ruler (no crocked lines in these books!). I also love that they are coiled notebook (which I bought at Chapters) so that they flat on my desk when I am working.


And here they are on my shelf behind my desk with all my issues of Creating Keepsakes. It's like my little inspiration corner.

2 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

AMAZING! They look like they are from a magazine.

Steffanie said...

That is one amazing sketch---so pretty! I love your "particularness"....a lot like me!