Jul 15, 2011

Acrylic Stamp Storage

For a change of pace I though I would do a post about how I store my acrylic stamps. One I think it's pretty nifty and two I am working on a wedding album for my cousin right now and I can't post any pictures until I give it to her! So for the next couple of posts my topics will still be scrapbook related but not necessarily layout related!


If you are anything like me, you have a mass amount of acrylic stamps in your stash. For the longest time I just kept them on the clear sheets they came on in a drawer. But this made using them very difficult because you had to shift through them all to find what you were looking for. Because of this I found myself using them less and less.


We were cleaning out our entertainment system when I came across some old CD cases and I thought they would be perfect for storing my acrylic stamps. So one night I sat down with a movie on and started to organize my stamp set into the CD cases. The nice thing was that I was able to use both sides of the case.


The CD cases fit perfectly into my storage cubes with enough room to store my acrylic blocks on the side.


Each case got a label saying which theme of stamps were contained within and when I put them in the drawer I grouped like themes together. This way when I now open the drawer I can quickly glance through all the labels and find the theme area I am looking for. And because the CD cases are clear I can slide each one out and quickly glance at what is inside and if it's not what I want I put it back and move to the next case. It has streamlined the search for stamps so well and I am excited about using my stamps again!

I hope you found this idea useful and if you have any neat storage ideas I would love to hear them.

No comments: