Jul 14, 2011

Office Away From Home

While Steve was working on his Master's degree he always found it easier to seclude himself while working on papers and assignments. He favorite place to go was camping in the trailer. It seems a bit of an oxymoron really. Most people camp to get away from technology but not my husband. He would pack all his gear and set up in the trailer. The hum you could hear was from all the equipment and not the trailer's furnace. It worked for him and he found it easier to work without the regular distractions of home.


Because this had become a regular routine for him, I decided to take pictures so that I could document it. The layout is pretty basic as I couldn't decide whether to make it school themed or camping themed. In the end, because I did some other layouts about this particular camping trip I stuck with the camping theme. I think the title and the journalling explained how it was different from a regular camping trip and the camping definition sticker could easily be interpreted for this layout about Steve's Office Away From Home!


Supplies: Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye - Breaking Free Collection; Cardstock: Wood Paper; Alphabet Stickers: Crate Paper and October Afternoon; Embellishments: Trees from a Cricut Cartridge, Brads, Burlap Ribbon, Camping Stickers; Tools: Cricut.

1 comment:

Beth Hallgren said...

Love this :) The burlap was the perfect touch!