Mar 11, 2011

Zipper Flower


I know I promised this tutorial last week but it has been a busy week for me and unfortunately I didn't get around to this until now.  But I figured late is better than never!  Right?!  So without further ado ....

Step 1:  Cut a circle out of chipboard.  I use chipboard for all my handmade flowers as it provides a solid base that doesn't warp with most adhesives.


Step 2:  Take one side of a zipper and using your glue gun (it's the best adhesive I tried) add a little bit of hot glue to the chipboard along the edge and place the zipper in it.  You may have to work the zipper a bit to follow the curve of circle.


Step 3: Once you have wrapped all the way around the chipboard circle you start moving inwards repeating the same method you used in step one in small sections at a time.


Step 4: Continue all the way around the circle, moving closer and closer to the center until you have run out of room.


Step 5: Adhere a button or a brad to the center of the flower.


And there you have it.  Your own zipper flower.  The best part is you still have the other side of the zipper to make another flower or you can barter it for something with another scrapbooker!

1 comment:

Cath said...

Cool idea! Did you create this? I am going to try it and use it in my books too...pretty soon people are going to think you're doing all my books. ;)