Oct 16, 2009

A Must Have

We all have those days when our creativity seems to be missing. For me, I always turn to sketches to start the creative juices going. I recently purchased this book called Page Maps and I am absolutely in love with it.

It's quick and easy to use and I love the fact that it lays flat so that it stays on the page you chose. The portable "Deck of Card" sketches are great to cause I throw them in my bag and take them to work so I plan out a layout on my lunch break if I want to.

I used to think using sketches were cheating but I have quickly found that they are a great inspiration tool. Some times I follow the sketch to the T and then there are times whenI switch things up like turn the sketch on it's side or upside down or embellishments to make it my own. I find it's very helpful when I feel I am blocked.

They also have a website and if you sign up for their newsletter, once a month they will send you their mothly sketches for free. http://www.pagemaps.com/

No comments: