Dec 7, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards - Day 7

Welcome back to Day 7 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards. I am back to the standard sized card today.  This is how I have always made my cards as it made the best use of an 8.5 x 11 sheet of card stock giving me two cards from every sheet.


I started with an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock and cut in half (8.5 x 5.5).  I then scored it and folded it so that it was 4.25 x 5.5 and used that as my card base.  I then took an embossing folder and ran the front of the card through the CuttleBug to give it the raised dot look.  I took a strips mitten patterned paper and edge punched the bottom and then adhered it to my card.  Using bakers twine I wrapped around the front of the card.  Cosmo Cricket makes a sheet of journalling and title cards with most of their collections so I cut one of them out of their Christmas collection and adhered it to a piece of slightly bigger coloured cardstock.  I then added some faux stitching and then adhered it to the front of the card.  I rounded the top two corners of the card to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this card.  Come back tomorrow for another card.

No comments: