Dec 6, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards - Day 6

Welcome back to Day 6 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards. Hard to believe we are already half way!  Where does the time go!


I started with an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock and trimmed it to 8.5 x 7.5.  I then scored it and folded it so that it was 8.5 x 3.75, rounded the two outside corners and used that as my card base.  This card has a window in it that allows you to see the inside of the card.  It's great cause you can put a design element on the inside of the card that shows through.  To do this it is simple.  I cut the patterned background piece (6 x 3.5) and adhered it to my card.  Then using my CuttleBug and the scallop Nestabilities set I cut out the burgundy scallop circle a larger size and adhered it to the card.  I then took a smaller scallop circle and place it on my card and sandwiched the front of my card on my cut plates (be sure the back is folded under the bottom plate or you will end up cutting the back too).  Ran it through the CuttleBug  and tada! a window has now bin cut in your card.  I took a cute little ornament patterned paper and stuck it on the inside of the card so that when the card is closed you see the ornament through the window.  Using an edge punch I cut a small border for the top and bottom of the striped patterned paper in the same colour cardstock that I used for the window frame.  I added some faux white stitching and a ribbon and then stamped the sentiment on the card. To finish it off I traced the stamped sentiment with Glossy Accents to give it some dimension on the card and to help it stand out.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this card.  Come back tomorrow for another card.

No comments: