Dec 3, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards - Day 3

Welcome back to Day 3 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards. This card is one of my favorites! I saw Kristina Werner do this card on her ambitious 25 Days of Christmas Cards and I knew I needed to do it. If you are looking for some great inspiration and how to videos check out her blog!  I loved the long and skinny format so much in fact that you will see it repeat in several cards to come. Such a great idea and they fit perfectly into business size envelopes!


Isn't it cute! So I started with an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock and trimmed it to 8.5 x 7.5.  I then scored it and folded it so that it was 8.5 x 3.75 and used that as my card base.  I cut the snow flake patterned paper to 8 x 3.25 and adhered it to the card base.  Then using my scissors I cut a wavy edge out of my second patterned paper and adhered it to the bottom of the snow flake pattern.  I then added faux stitching along all the sides of the snowflake patterned paper.  I had this cute felt snowman from the Basic Grey's Jovial collection that I stuck down (he's so cute!) and then set to work on the sentiment.  I had an issue with my fonts being different colours which I did not like so I broke out my copic markers and coloured them all the same colour.  Now you can't even tell the letters used for Holiday used to silver!  I added some glossy accents to the word Cheer and I was done!  Just so cute!  Can you tell I loved this card?

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this card.  Come back tomorrow for another card.

No comments: