Sep 12, 2011

Hardest Day of Our Lives

As scrapbookers, we always tend to scrapbook family events, holidays, and vacations. Very rarely do we scrapbook the hard moments of life. At least that is how I operate. This summer my husband and I had one of the most difficult days of lives when our dog ended up being rushed in for emergency surgery. When we brought him home, it broke my heart to look at him in the condition he was. I seriously sat there and said I was not going to take a picture. This is not something I want to remember, let alone scrapbook. But then I remembered the vet telling me to watch to make sure the swelling goes down and the only way I could think to compare would be to take a picture. So I took the picture but with no intentions of scrapbooking it! When I went to pick up my last batch of photos from printing, there is was, my swollen faced puppy preserved in a photo. I had printed it by accident. I figured this must be a sign and then a few day later I saw a post on a blog I follow about scrapbooking the good and the bad. So I decided to scrapbook it. It was hard but it was also therapeutic, especially while writing the journalling. I can honestly say that I am happy that I did it and can now say that my scrapbooks contain both the good and the bad!


Supplies: Patterned Paper: Bella Blvd - Tail Waggers Collection and Basic Grey Solids; Cardstock: Bazzills; Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts Thickers; Embellishments: Bella Blvd - Man of the House Border Strips, My Mind's Eye - Lime Twist Accessory Sheet, Pearls; Inks: Colorbox; Tools: Computer for Journalling.

No comments: