Sep 7, 2011

Going Home

Every time we travel somewhere, I have an obsessive need to take photos while we are driving. I'm not sure why, I just do, and then I print them always wonder what to do with them. The pictures always seem so random to me. I decided to make this layout just about the drive home and showcase some of my photos in their random glory.   I didn't journal as I really didn't have much to say other than we were heading home.  I figure it's ok because it is the last layout in a series of layouts that I did about a summer camping trip.


I have become a huge fan of die cut pieces that manufacturers have started coming out with recently.  They make embellishing a layout super easy and quick!  One of my favorites are Basic Grey's Pieces.  A cute little package filled to the adhesive edge with fun little paper embellies!  For this layout I used the Pieces from the Hopscotch Collection, layered a couple and then pop dotted one for dimension and then added my own little touch with adhesive pearls.  Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!



Supplies: Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye - Good Day Sunshine Collection; Alphabet Stickers: Thickers; Embellishments: Basic Grey - Hopscotch Pieces, Basic Grey Pearls, My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose Layer Stickers, and My Mind's Eye - Good Day Sunshine Border Die Cut; Inks: Colorbox; Tools: Kitchen Plate to trace the large circle.

No comments: