Nov 15, 2010

Warm Holiday Wishes


This is a card I made for Christmas and it was inspired by another sketch by Allison Davis. I was quite liberal with the design. For some reason when I saw this sketch, I thought of hot chocolate with swirls instead of the circles. Can you tell I'm in the Christmas mood?  The coffee cup is from Cricut's Christmas Cheer Cartridge and is cut at 3.5". I cut one out in blackout mode in white to serve as my base.  Next I cut out another one in blackout mode in brown and trimmed a little off the top so when it sat on top of the first one I cut you could see a little bit of the white at the top, which would be the back of the cup.  Next I cut out 4 of the shift + cup in white and then cut the top loop of the cup off of each.  I now stacked and glued all my layers together.  I stamped a little snow flake on the front of the cup and then took my Glossy Accents and outline it.  I also used Glossy Accents on the brown to make it look like liquid.  Because of all of the layers in this cup it now has quite a bit of dimension and weight.  I then adhered it to a piece of Cosmo Cricket Christmas paper that I had distressed the edges of.  Then I took a pencil and drew some swirls coming out of the cup and across the page.  Once I had the look I wanted I took my paper pierce and poked out the pattern.  I erased the pencil lines and then got to work on stitching.  I added a stamped sentiment and I was done.  Hope you like it.

No comments: