Sep 5, 2012

And We're Back!

Steve and I just got home from another great vacation! This time we went to a little Island called Roatan which is part of Honduras just north of the mainland.  It was a very tropical and lush area and let me tell you, if you are looking to get away some where hot this is the place.  With the humidity it was 50C (122F)!  Too hot for my Canadian blood that is for sure but we managed to survive it!  I know ... you feel no pity for me right!?

This was the view at our resort, beautiful wasn't it!  We spent a lot of time cooling off in the ocean and the pools.


Rest and relaxation was on my agenda and what better way to do that then to sit in a hammock on the dock reading a book while the afternoon rain fell around me!  And the company of my favorite Sister-In-Law definitely made the time pass!


Hubby got plenty of opportunities to get some scuba diving in.  He was in heaven!  Roatan has the second biggest reef next to Australia's Great Barrier Reef.  He got to see all kinds of neat things and although he didn't get to dive with the Sharks because the hurricane scared them away, he still had fun!


And finally, the reason for the trip ... we got to watch friends of hours get married on the beach.  It was such a lovely ceremony and we are so happy for them!  It seems like everyone we know are having destination weddings, hence all the travelling.  But I am not complaining!


So it is back to work this week and I am hoping to find time to get some scrapping done.  It seems like the whole summer passed so quickly and I barely had any time!  I hope everyone out there had a great summer!

1 comment:

okanogangirl said...

Oh now, that just looks like perfection!!! Beautiful pictures.