Apr 23, 2012

Winky the Wonder Dog

I love how this layout turned! I think it's the title. The orange puff letters and the talking bubble make me think of a comic book which is so fitting of my little guys newest nickname.


I wanted the talk bubble to have a more distressed look so I tried inking the edges with my regular ink but because it had a glossy finish, it would smear right off as soon as you touched it.  Then I decided to use my Archivers ink which is designed to work with glossy surfaces and although it was a little more tricky (I'm not patient when it comes to waiting for stuff to dry) to use I think I got the effect I was looking for


Supplies: Patterned Paper: Basic Grey - Max & Wiskers Collection; Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts - Thickers and Basic Grey Alphas; Embellishments: Bella Blvd Sticker Sheet, 7 Gypsies - 97% Complete Pet and My Mind's Eye Die Cut Star; Inks: Archivers Ink; Tools: EK Success Edger Punch.

No comments: