Feb 10, 2012

Under the Sea

Every time I go snorkeling, the song Under the Sea from the Little Mermaid plays through my head so I only think it's appropriate that it finally made it as a title on one of my layouts. And if you are anything like me, the song is now stuck in your head ... your welcome for that!

One of my favorite photos from our trip to Jamaica is the one of my sister in law on the left side of the layout and hence why it is so big!  I love this paper line from Cosmo Cricket because it goes so well with this photos.  I often have a hard time finding paper that goes with water photos.  Who knew there are so many shades of blue in water photos?  And why is it that 9 times out of 10 I don't have a sheet of paper that goes with it?  Do you ever find that?  My solution is to now go with complimentary colours and try not to find the perfectly matched blue!  I think it works!


I found after placing my title that there was this vast white space at the top of my layout.  I know it's ok to have that and in fact a lot of people do it deliberately but for some reason it bugs me like mad!  So I broke out my good old stickles and did some doodling.  To me, now it looks done.




Supplies: Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket - Salt Air Collection; Cardstock: Bazzills Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts Thickers and really old red ones from my stash; Embellishments: Cosmo Cricket - Salt Air 12x12 Elements and Stickles; Sketch: Sketches for Scrapbooking Volume 1.

2 comments:

DanaMK said...

OK, I love your doodled swirl!! My doodling always looks so awful but yours is awesome!!!

Steffanie said...

Love the Stickles doodling! You are so much braver than I am! Fantastic layout!