Feb 15, 2012

Sky High

I love the bright colours of this layout! When I bought this paper, it was one of those impulse buys to which I thought maybe someday we will go for a hot air balloon ride ... maybe. When I was hunting through my stash for paper to use with these photos I came across this and thought parasailing is probably the closet we will come so why not use it!


I really wanted to emphasis the background paper with the balloons so I started with it and built my entire layout around it going from the right side to the left side.  This might sound weird but most of the time I start on the left side and always work to the right.  It was different but I honestly can say I love how this one turned out!  I did struggle briefly with the journalling spot as I found it seemed to just be floating there but I put it on a mat which seemed to anchor it and the crisis was averted!




Supplies: Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye - Lime Twist Collection; Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts Thickers; Embellishments: Bakers Twine, October Afternoon - Fly A Kite Word Stickers, Buttons, Brads, Eyelets, My Minds Eye - Breaking Free Die Cut; Tools: EK Success - Embossed Curve Edger Punch.

2 comments:

DanaMK said...

Too fun! I love how you used eyelets with your twine!

Steffanie said...

Another fabulous layout! I really like how you used the large chevron print!