Oct 18, 2011

Mad Skills

Those marketing people sure know what they are doing. Those little bins by the tills are what I am referring to. Pure genius! Let's put a lot of little cheap items right by the till so that while people are waiting to pay for the items they have already picked out, they can continue to shop! Normally I avoid these little bins like the plague but I was at Michael's a while back and the line was quite long. Standing there staring into these bins while I wait my turn, my resolve disappeared. That's when I saw this little bag of multi-colored sequins. I decided I needed them, plus it was only $1! I wasn't sure how I would use them but knew I would find away. I laughed at myself on the way home ... how silly am I. They sat on my desk for a couple of weeks until I came to this layout and decided to give them a try. They look like bubbles after all! Now I am hooked! I have plans for them for my Christmas cards and layouts ... think ornaments on a Christmas tree or snow flakes falling from the sky!


And here's a close up shot of those pretty little sequins!  They didn't show up to well in the full layout shot but they sure look great in this close up!



Supplies: Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny - Barefoot and Bliss Collection; Cardstock: Bazzills; Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts Thickers; Embellishments: October Afternoon - Fly A Kite Word Stickers and Sequins; Inks: Colorbox Chalk Ink; Sketch: Sketches for Scrapbooking - Volume 8.

1 comment:

Haley Marie Ross said...

You got Mad Scrapbook Skills! Yo.

Haley :)