Mar 8, 2012

Giving It a Try

I have tried quilting before but I was basically winging it with advice from other quilters but without the basic knowledge and understanding. Don't get me wrong, most of the time things turned out passable but if anyone who knew anything about quilting or sewing for that matter took a look at my quilt, they would see I have no idea what I am doing. 

A dear friend of mine asked me if I would take a quilting class with her and seeing as my hubby bought me a brand new sewing machine for Christmas which I was dying to use I jumped at the chance!  We had out first class last Saturday and for the last couple of days I have been working on my homework.  Who knew quilting was such a precise craft?!  For someone who has never been that good at measuring and who always says that's close enough this has definitely been a challenge!  My seam ripper and I have become good friends!  I am definitely looking forward to next several classes as I have two other quilt projects that have been started but never finished as I got to a point where I did not know how to move forward.  Check back at the end of the month when I will hopefully have a completed quilt to show you!


Supplies: Riley Blake - Sugar and Spice Fabric.

No comments: