Jul 4, 2011

Time Flies

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends out there in blog land! Hope your day is filled with lots of fun, family, sunshine, and great memories!


I must of walked by this line a hundred times thinking I would never use it.  It's Basic Grey's Life of the Party.  I always seem to avoid Birthday lines.  I'm not sure why?  It's probably because I don't have kids so birthday parties are not a huge scrapbooking thing for me and for our birthdays my husband and I keep it pretty low key so that means there are rarely any photos.  As I was saying, I pretty much skipped this over because it was a birthday line since it came out.  Then the other day I was at my local scrapbook store looking for paper for these photos.  Yes I did look in my stash first but I couldn't find anything ... or maybe I didn't want to find anything and was looking for an excuse to shop ... who knows!  When I walked by this line the plaid paper caught my attention as the colors were perfect.  When I flipped it over I found it had a wood grain on the back.  Wait a minute!  I look at a couple of others and found they were wood grain too!  Next thing I knew I pulling a bunch of it off the shelf to do this layout (and maybe a couple more).  It seems that lately if it has wood grain, I will love it!  Seems odd, but I think it is because I have a lot of camping photos I need to do. I also find it easy to work with for both masculine and feminine layouts!  So once again Basic Grey has made a line that at first I had no need for and now I must own it!  They do that a lot to me!



Supplies: Patterned Paper: Basic Grey - Life of the Party Collection; Alphabet Stickers: GCD Studio - The Great Outdoors Chipboard Letters; Embellishments: K & Company Felt Flwoers and My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose Die Cut Title; Inks: Colorbox Chalk Ink; Sketch: Sketches for Scrapbooking; Tools: Dymo Lael Maker.

No comments: