Jun 22, 2011

Sweet Ride


I struggled with this layout.  I started it about 4 weeks ago without any plan on what I wanted and then it sat on my desk waiting for me to finish it up since then.  I wasn't feeling inspired with it.  Don't get me wrong, I love these photos.  We had so much fun while they were being taken and I had so many to choose from.  I followed my own advice and picked my favorites but the problem I was having was the paper choice.  The background cardstock was originally a greeny-blue and I didn't like it.  So last week I decided to rip it apart and redo it with a blue background.  I was happier but still not satisfied.  I found the layout plain.  So I border punched the edges and then added the bling in each circle.  I liked it more but found the bling seemed random so then I went bling crazy on the title.  I think this helped to tie it all together.  Still not my best work but it's what happens when I don't start with a plan!


Supplies: Patterned Paper: Bella Blvd - Mr Boy Collection, Echo Park - Walk in the Park Collection, and Tinkering Ink - Beloved Collection; Cardstock: Bazzils; Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts - Thickers; Embellishments: Bling, Ribbon, and Buttons; Tools: EK Success Large Circle Border Punch .

No comments: