Nov 18, 2010

All Is Bright


This is another one of my Christmas cards I am making this year.  First off I took a piece of white cardstock and cut it out using my Nestabilities Die Labels 8.  I took a swirl stamp and some clear embossing ink and stamped the now cut out white piece of paper.  I applied some clear sparkle embossing powder and heat it until it was set.  Next I took a sponge applicator and covered the entire pieces with Tim Holtz' Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass.  I then took another sponge applicator and added in Tim Holtz's  Distress Ink in Broken China starting on the outside and blending about half way in.  And then finally I took Tim Holtz' Distress Ink in Faded Jeans and lightly applied a little around the edge with a sponge applicator.  Tada, isn't it beautiful?  Now I wanted to mat that on another pattern so I took the next die size up in the Nestabilities Die Label 8 set and cut out a piece of Basic Grey's Jovial paper.  I adhered the two together.  Next I cut out another pattern in the Basic Grey's Jovial paper to 4.25"x5.5" to cover the card.  I adhered a piece of ribbon in the middle and then adhered the matted pieces on top of that.  Now the fun part becomes ... embellishing!  I decided I wanted something different for the tree so I took a pipe cleaner, bought at any craft store or even Walmart, and started at the top and started bending it back and forth making sure each layer was bigger then the previous.  I tried many different glues (fabric tack and glossy accents) to get the tree to stick to my card but it didn't seem to work so I broke out the good ol' glue gun.  Just watch your fingers!  I took a star jewel and stuck it above the tree and then added a chipboard sentiment.  And that is how I made this card.  Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Cath said...

Hey Jen! I love your cards. My favorite is the one with the coffee cup and swirls. I would never have thought of doing sometihg like that but now that you have I might just find a way to make a copy for a page somewhere. I don't know if I am going to get any cards done myself this year and might just have to resort to doing some good old buy the card and write my name on it. LOL I hoped to be able to get together with you but time is running away from me it seems and I get myself into more that I can do. Landons cough is getting better BTW, hes still taking the inhailor though. Have you finished your trip scrapbook getting ready for more new stuff from your trip pics over Christmas? Hope all is well..TTYL