Dec 11, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Cards - Day 11

Welcome back to Day 11 of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards. Today's card is a 5x7 card.  I decided I wanted to use this chipboard snowflake from Basic Grey but it was too big to fit my usual sized cards.  Sometimes I do make cards work for the elements I want to use instead of the other way around.


I started with an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock and trimmed it to 7 x 10.  I then scored it and folded it so that it was 7 x 5 and used that as my card base.  I took a piece of patterned paper and trimmed it to 6.75 x 4.75 and adhered it to my card base.  Next I decided the placement of my large snowflake so that I could determine where my twine and sentiment would go.  I did not stick it down at this point, I just marked it with a pencil.  Using Versa Mark ink, I stamped my sentiment and then covered it with White Embossing Powder.  I heated it until the powder melted and then set it aside to cool.  After it had cooled, I added my baker's twine and did my faux stitching.  Now that everything was in place, I stuck down my chipboard snowflake to finish off the card.  Yes this card is very simple but I find it dramatic with that large snowflake.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this card.  Be sure to come back tomorrow for the final card in this series.

No comments: